# A multi-language website with Nuxt & Contentful
I'll wrap this in 4 main topics.
- Time taken 12 days for first time using contentful
- 61 hrs hours estimated. Google Spreadsheet tracking my progress (opens new window)
- Contenful allows you 2 millions API calls, in it's free trier
- Show a couple of templates to client always and both agree the design to stick to it.
# Step 1 - Set up the Environment
- Asus core i7 9th gen 💻
- Windows OS
- WSL - Ubuntu 20.04 OS
- VS Code
Install WSL (opens new window)
Install VSC (opens new window)
Add on .bash_profile
eval $(keychain --eval --agents ssh key1 key2 ...)
Setup node.js on wsl2 (opens new window) ( for this project, stick to node v12.20.0 )
Contentful Technical Aspect
# Step 2 - Strategy
Buy a template to speed up development from Envato Market
Integrate Netlify (opens new window) as CI/CD in our github repo
Set up the Content Models in Contentful (opens new window)
Let the content migration from Wordpress to Contentful be handle by the client
# Step 3 - Oh boy!
Familiarize with the concepts of Contentful, like:
Define a Flat Model Structure to retrieve data A.K.A. the less Relational Types, the better to handle it.
# Step 4 - hurrah!, right?
We were able to delivery the website and even improve couple of benchmark, for a first version. (Note : Netlify it's just a first iteration of the website)
Time taken since setup up to this first iteration (Note : due my first time using contentful)
- 11/27/2020 - 12/11/2020, 12 days.
- Hours 61 hrs estimated. Google Spreadsheet tracking my progress (opens new window)
Benchmark in Wordpress
Benchmark in Netlify
Well, because we badly assume the client would want such template we purchased, it turns out that's not what it wants. Nevertheless we still working now, again in the client side.
Well we have to deal with the consequence of our assumptions and move on.